Sons of migrants or parents from non circumcising lands

A place for guys to discuss why they love being circumcised or wish that they were cut.
FollowersFollowers: 0
BookmarksBookmarks: 0
Views: 1367

Re: Sons of migrants or parents from non circumcising lands

Postby Frecklover » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:03 am

Men are circumcised to attract and pleasure women. 💑
Frecklover

Postby Rufus_Stuntbum » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:10 am

Deadheart wrote:Interesting, I know American hospitals can be very insistent on parents to do it but I don't think it is automatically done. Most likely they were told the health reasons and that nearly all boys have it done so they went along. A circumcised Swede sounds more rare than a unicorn or leprechaun lol.

Actually most US hospitals used to do it without asking. It think that gradually started to change maybe in the late 70s or 80s when they started to worry about getting sued. I think a few hospitals in the midwest and south probably still do things 'the old fashioned way'. And then a lot of hospitals did/still do make it sound like it's required. Their way of asking is more like 'sign here please so we can circumcise your son.'

This isn't the place to argue about whether the above is ethically right or wrong - I'm just pointing out that A LOT of US hospitals used to do it without asking or their way of asking was more like a command.
Rufus_Stuntbum

Postby snoman » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:51 am

[quote="Rufus_Stuntbum"

This isn't the place to argue about whether the above is ethically right or wrong - I'm just pointing out that A LOT of US hospitals used to do it without asking or their way of asking was more like a command.[/quote]

Since I first posted this question I've heard from a couple of people in the US who told me (on the West coast) it was more a case of being told "Just bring him back in around 7 days and we'll do the circumcision then..", so it would seem in at least 2 hospitals (in Northern and Southern Cali) it's still 'suggested' as a the normal thing to do.

I do wonder though, how migrant parents with no prior exposure to circumcision must react to this..
snoman

Previous

Return to "For the Guys"