Was your frenulum removed?

A place for guys to discuss why they love being circumcised or wish that they were cut.

Was your frenulum removed with your circumcision?

Yes
40%
No
40%
I am intact
20%
I am not circumcised, but I had my frenulum removed
No votes

Total votes : 10

FollowersFollowers: 0
BookmarksBookmarks: 0
Views: 701

Was your frenulum removed?

Postby jack » Wed May 25, 2016 5:07 pm

As we have a poll on circumcision types, I thought asking about the frenulum might also be of interest.
jack

Re: Was your frenulum removed?

Postby Gemlt » Thu May 26, 2016 1:20 am

This is an intriguing question, but I'm not sure how to answer it. Although I'd say that I have less frenulum left than more, I definitely still have fairly evident frenular fragments. I'd put it more into the category of a "crest" rather than the more pronounced "banjo string" of a fully retained frenulum (or the completely smooth removal of the entire frenulum). I feel like you could develop an entire scale (a la the coverage index (CI) scale for foreskin) for frenular fragments.

A tangentially related topic that I feel hasn't been addressed to its full potential would be method of circumcision (and related physical effects and visual evidence). Although the Gomco clamp is associated with its signature dark scar, I don't tend to hear much about the physical consequences of other techniques. Are some more likely to leave a man high and tight while others tend to result in a low and loose cut?

I definitely feel like the existing literature for either of these is lacking. The best I've found are the crude illustrations of circumcision styles found on some info sites.
Gemlt
Site Admin

Postby snoman » Sat May 28, 2016 4:05 am

I've read a few times that the Plastibell leaves a somewhat looser result than other methods but as to the position of the scar I couldn't really say.

I really like the end result of the Gomco clamp and I think the Mogen clamp also seems to do a really good job. Dr Neil Pollock has a few clips on Youtube and his method looks excellent - what I would have wished for myself had been RIC'd. In fact, if you look at his vids, it's hard to imagine anyone screaming about torturing children.

I still have my frenulum, even after a revision. I was under the impression that I would lose a lot of sensitivity if it was removed but I don't think that's the case now. I've thought about going back in to get it taken off but at the end of the day it's not such a big deal for me and it's just my wife who has my penis now and she doesn't care one way or the other.
snoman

Postby psyman » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:04 pm

Mine was fully removed. I had not discussed it with my doctor and it wasn't related to the problem I was having, so I didn't expect it to be removed. Being stitched up where my frenulum used to be was one of the biggest surprises during my unveiling. At first, I was very upset about this. However, given about 10 years, I now realize it was no big deal. The area still has sensation, it is just under the surface.
psyman

Postby Tight Circ » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:00 am

Mine was totally removed, and I wouldn't want it any other way!
Tight Circ

Postby Cufflinks » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:15 pm

I am not actually sure. Perhaps half of it. Mine is a European v-cut.
Some people’s opinion one simply cannot change. Mine, for example.
Cufflinks

Postby Frecklover » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:21 pm

That sounds like a Mogen Clamp circ, Cufflinks?
Frecklover

Postby Cufflinks » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:36 pm

No, that was freehand. They are only beginning to use clamps in Europe now, and mine was 25 years ago. Only the Jewish community has always used their shield technique in Europe, which is excellent, but mine was done by an old doctor from Iran, in Germany.
Some people’s opinion one simply cannot change. Mine, for example.
Cufflinks

Return to "For the Guys"