It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:38 pm

What % of guys are cut where you live? And what style?

FollowersFollowers: 0
BookmarksBookmarks: 0
Views: 356

What % of guys are cut where you live? And what style?

Postby chrisbris » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:12 pm

I'm always checking out guys in gym changing romos, and in one, it was very open plan and with open plan showers too, which was useful for the count.
I'm in Spain where circumcision is quite rare. I like this as it make my stand out!
Everyday I went to the pool I tried to get a count. I didn't include myself of course. There was one muslim guy who revealed himself a few times.

In the end, the average I could get was between 10-12% of guys. 15% would be the max but I think guys in gyms may get circumcisions as a preference, and I think the real amount is likely to be nearer 10%. I didn't include posible partial circumcisions, so the ones counted were full ones.
I remember once that there were 5 of us in the shower and all circumcised!!!

Regarding styles, the prevailing style for surgeons from personal experience is a mínimum partial cut just exposing the top of the head and just enough to allow the foreskin to go back. If you think about it, that should be the norm. Not great for us circ fans!
When they are fully cut they are low and probably médium or tight. I only saw a couple with noticeable inner skin (I'm one of them), the rest had the skin cut just below the head, which is the classic circumcision technique in Europe and the UK.

What's it like where you live?
chrisbris

Re: What % of guys are cut where you live? And what style?

Postby snoman » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:41 am

I grew up in Australia in the late 80's/early 90's. I'd say about 90% of my peer group were circumcised - the exceptions being the guys with parents from Mediterranean backgrounds (especially Greece and Italy, although there were a few notable Italian exceptions. Pretty much all the Greek guys were uncut though).

I'm now living in Southern Germany and the rate varies a lot depending on where you are. I live in a very small, very monocultural and quite isolated area though - I suspect the cities would be quite different. In my local gym, I'd say perhaps 10% of the guys I've noticed are circumcised - no more. The sauna culture in Germany is very widespread though and you are expected to be naked. At saunas the rate of cut guys is considerably higher - between 20 and 30% depending on the day. Surprisingly, it doesn't seem to be limited to age groups. There are cut older guys and cut younger guys. If the Turkish Germans could be convinced to come along we'd see a lot more, but the muslim people here don't seem to be into the saunas at all.
snoman

Postby chrisbris » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:17 pm

Which style was typical in Oz and Germany now?

The group of people does influence the % of cut guys.
I went to Europe's biggest naturist resort this summer (Agde) to get the feeling of walking around naked with my circ showing.
I was surprised to see up to 30% of the guys cut, even though they're probably French, UK and maybe German and Dutch.
Again the style was low just behind the glans. Only one of two exceptions, so in that sense I stood out, but with so many cut guys being cut isn't so different as it could be.
chrisbris

Postby snoman » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:03 pm

I tend to agree with you. I feel much less the odd one here in Germany as a cut guy than I did growing up uncut in Australia.

To be honest with you, I didn't have a clue what the difference styles were back when I was a kid. I didn't know high from low or tight from loose until I discovered the internet - which was well past the time I was at school.

And I can't say I've looked too closely here. From what I've noticed (in situations like changing rooms or saunas where the guys are flaccid), I'd say there are more low cuts. Occasionally I might see a scar higher up on the shaft but in general it's not something I've noticed, so although it's not so easy tell without an erection, I'd guess the low cuts predominate here.
snoman

Postby Cufflinks » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:57 am

I grew up in southern Germany and Austria, and mostly saw partial circumcisions there at the time (1980s). I'd say about 20% had this. You'd never see an exposed corona. That was something I saw only when I moved to North America. When I first saw the two-tone Gomco style there, I thought it looked incredibly aggressive, and couldn't imagine why it might be required. Later, when I moved to the UK, it was mostly muslim low cicumcisons in the gyms I saw. Now here in Sweden, you get all sorts, because it's a very international mix, and sauna culture is very much accepted also by immigrants.
Some people’s opinion one simply cannot change. Mine, for example.
Cufflinks

Postby snoman » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:53 am

You sound very international Cufflinks! What is your background if you don't mind me asking?
snoman

Postby jill8 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:02 am

If I may be permitted to comment as a woman, having lived in Australia for some 18 years in encounters with men in Western Australia my experience is that the % of men varies depending on their age. Generally, those over 35 appear are mostly circumcised. The style I have most come across is an aggressive high cut with the frenulum removed entirely although the scar line in several cases was far from neat and quite jagged.

Those younger than about 35 are nearly all intact.
jill8

Postby snoman » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:14 am

Thanks Jill!

There seems to be quite a variation between states in Oz too. I know in Qld the rate is quite a bit higher than down south. No idea about the Territory though.
snoman

Postby Cufflinks » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:48 am

snoman wrote:You sound very international Cufflinks! What is your background if you don't mind me asking?

I'm an absolute Heinz 57.
:)
Grew up in Germany and Canada, with Dutch and Czech roots, and lived and worked in the US, France, UK, New Zealand, India, China, and Sweden.
Some people’s opinion one simply cannot change. Mine, for example.
Cufflinks

Postby snoman » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:12 pm

Damn!
snoman

Next