Explanations

Have something you'd like to see on power2thecut.wix.com/acucullophilia? Tell me!
FollowersFollowers: 0
BookmarksBookmarks: 0
Views: 419

Explanations

Postby Cufflinks » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:08 am

I wonder why we have that inclination; acucullophilia, circumcision fetish... I have been trying to find psychological explanations, but am not sure they quite, um, cut it.
:D
Apparently, fetishes are often entertained by people who, in real life, personify quite the opposite of its essence. At least that is what seems to be going around as the thumbs rule. If that is so, then who are we? How are we? What does it say about us to be that way?

Obviously, intactivists think of us as evil sickos, but I'd beg to differ. I save hedgehogs from the road and I recycle.

So, if the fetish is the dark side, what is the "bright side" of ourselves, based on that? If fantasizing about women performing surgery is what gets us off, are we really more types who shun all things medical? I'd really like to see a bit of a discussion on this, because I am intrigued by this phenomenon in myself.
Some people’s opinion one simply cannot change. Mine, for example.
Cufflinks

Re: Explanations

Postby savenger » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:23 pm

I think it's just a visual thing for people, since most of us where uncircumcised for so long and liked that there are females who like the opposite in which we find visually appealing as well is why we think of it as a turn on. It's almost like looking up to a superhero or something, we want to aspire to be that because we think its appealing and the fact a lot of other people find that cool too is similar to how a lot of girls like or prefer circumcised penises so we just gravitate to that. Something like that. For me, it was mostly a visual thing, I liked seeing my head exposed and the whole aesthetic to it, not until later that I enjoyed girls liking the fact that a guy is circumcised. It could also be a physical wanting too, like being able to fuck or masturbate by rubbing the whole penis and not worrying about skin or extra sensitivity to block said person to do what he wanted. Who knows, I think its a visual thing.
savenger

Postby Cufflinks » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:12 pm

"A visual thing."

That's exactly what I have been telling people who asked me what it is that draws me to this.
But why is it a visual thing for us, and how? And why does it do this to us only, and not to others? Something must have happened to us that didn't happen to others. What is different about our mindsets? Can acucullophiliacs be recognized by other traits? Can we even build a profile of a "typical acucullophiliac/ circumcision fetishist"?

I "know" two other guys like us from another forum, and was somewhat surprised how similar they are to me in certain regards. I'll gladly go first in volunteering some info now, perhaps someone wants to continue the observations. So, what I believe to have in common with these two is: Born and raised in the 70s, grew up in Europe, in an environment where circumcision was rare; university degrees; artistic/ creative professions; multilingual.

It may not be a recipe, but perhaps common denominators can be identified?

And what actually is it that draws us to it? From my side, if I'm honest, it has always been:

- a vague sense of desirable group identity (American/ Israeli/ whatever, something powerful and superior, and antagonistic to my actual world)
- an idea that females secretly approve of, and prefer, a circumcised penis
- a certain sense of thrill to have something, and be comfortable with something, the uninitiated may find cringeworthy

So, in a way, for me, it has always been a mark of distinction; or shall we say, something to beef up my own identity with. And that is the part about me that has always been weak. I have simply never "belonged" to anywhere properly, because my surroundings did not accept me, or I did not accept them. But my appendage gives me a sense of belonging, through the mechanisms described above. Belonging to something better, I should say, seems to be my inner motivation there; I always have been a snob. And I always have been hard on myself, working on myself, for betterment - and if it takes an exposed glans, fine, try me. So that, I think, hides behind the fetish in my case. A proud and embittered outsider, willing to fight his way up, and if it takes sacrifice. Call me a willy desperado.
:)

Is this true for yourselves, too?
Cufflinks

Postby snoman » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:23 pm

For me, some of what you post Cufflink, is true and some is not.

I grew up in Australia in the 1970s/1980's - an almost completely circumcised environment (at least as far as I could make out).

I experienced a lot of teasing and bullying in my younger years which led to a fear that girls/women would find my penis unattractive when I became old enough to be sexually active.

I had a radar for circumcised penises even before those incidents started at school though. I saw my first circ'd penis on a playmate at age 3, which caused me to ask my mother the 'why are they different?" question which led to an explanation about circumcision (partly but I had to accept it at that age because i knew nothing else. My mother explained that my friend had had trouble with his foreskin and the doctor had removed it so he could pee better.)

I soon discovered ALL my friends had had this operation.

If we give Freud any credence at all (I tend not to), this all happened during the phallic stage of my psychosocial development, which is the stage where the genitals become a primary focus but also the point at which castration (or loss of the penis) anxiety can take hold (Oedipus/Electra stuff!).

Despite my misgivings about Freud, I think there may be a little seed of an explanation in my own case here. I became very aware at this age that every other penis outside of my own was different to mine, that they had been operated upon....and the idea just seemed to ...lodge, in my little brain.

I've often wondered if I had learned about circumcision at a later age whether or not I just would have passed it off as one of 'those things', like outie and innie belly buttons, or if it would have still had the impact that it has had on me.

The girls/women preferring and expecting a circumcised penis was a huge issue for me and is still the source of my fantasy life - which is why I'm here I guess. I can't say I ever wished to have something others may find cringeworthy. That doesn't apply in my case and I have no erotic feelings at all when it comes to circ domination fantasy stuff where a woman forcibly circumcises a man.

On the other hand, if I bypass all my own analyses, I think we are fundamentally tribal beings, and I just didn't fit the tribe I grew up in.
snoman

Postby Cufflinks » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:57 am

Interesting, Snoman.

So, there is the commonality of attaining group membership for both of us, I'd say? We were both "outcasts" and gained access to groups through the circumcision. You to the one you were actually culturally part of, me to groups outside my culture. Curious coincidence that circumcision is often a rite of passage to gain full status in many cultures, isn't it. Makes you wonder if there is something in its nature that lends itself to this, given that we came to it at a time in our lives when we may not have had full knowledge of the spread of circumcision in history and human geography. I wonder if the very arguments we see from intactivists actually define the value of circumcision, and why it is deemed a grand enough gesture to access groups. It says on many levels that we entrust ourselves to a group with modifications of unkown effect to man's most valued organ - the ultimate demonstration of trust and reverence: "I am willing to change my sexuality to join this group" - it's such a big thing, it's like taking a pawn; which would make it a power thing again, because we are saying "I sacrificed so much, you owe me now." Which is, incidentally, an element that really fuels me sexually regarding pro-circ women. Being circumcised is basically having fulfilled my part of the deal to gain full access to them sexually. I "bought" them by getting circumcised.

Is the need for group association perhaps the driving motor behind the circumcision fetish? Perhaps our mind tells us "you do this, and you gain allies and are never alone again against the mob"?

We can see this work in other internet forums, too, btw. As soon as the debate "pro and con circ" flames up somewhere, circ supporters bond together to defend it (as do intactivism supporters, but that's a different story, perhaps). There is one like that going on right now on a forum I'm a member of. It's an amazing show of alliance between guys who have never met in real life. The kind I'd wish to experience in real life some time - unknown friends coming out of nowhere to stand with me.
Cufflinks

Return to "Requests"