It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:03 am

Attitude Toward One’s Circumcision Status

FollowersFollowers: 0
BookmarksBookmarks: 0
Views: 625

Attitude Toward One’s Circumcision Status

Postby Gemlt » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:36 am

I’m not sure how many of you have had the chance to read the latest publication from Jennifer Bossio, but I thought I’d post the link to the abstract in case you weren’t aware of it. I have to say that although the conclusion is nothing mindblowing, I still found it interesting. I think that within all the research that compares circumcised and uncircumcised men, it’s easy to forget about the importance of the brain as a sexual organ. What this study suggests is that your satisfaction with your body image is far more significant than the minute differences between having a penis with or without a foreskin. I suspect that there are lessons that both cut and intact men could take away from that.

Attitude Toward One’s Circumcision Status Is More Important than Actual Circumcision Status for Men’s Body Image and Sexual Functioning
Gemlt
Site Admin

Re: Attitude Toward One’s Circumcision Status

Postby Cufflinks » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:12 am

Attitude is almost everything. I've always believed this. I once had a BMW 5-series, and I hated it - could never find out why, because it's objectively a good car; till I realized my heart was still with my old Volvo, and there was no space for the BMW in it. And that is how good things can be despised, because one may carry another ideal in one's mind. And that's what intactivist websites seem to do - they implant a negative image where there might not even have been an opinion before. And then guys come away programmed to be on the wrong side of what may well be a neutral issue.
Some people’s opinion one simply cannot change. Mine, for example.
Cufflinks

Postby hardware » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:20 pm

Cufflinks wrote:Attitude is almost everything. I've always believed this. I once had a BMW 5-series, and I hated it - could never find out why, because it's objectively a good car; till I realized my heart was still with my old Volvo, and there was no space for the BMW in it. And that is how good things can be despised, because one may carry another ideal in one's mind.

A Man Called Ove? Though if I recall properly, Ove was a Saab fan and his neighbor was the Volvo guy who eventually stepped out with a BMW.
hardware

Postby Cufflinks » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:49 pm

hardware wrote:
Cufflinks wrote:Attitude is almost everything. I've always believed this. I once had a BMW 5-series, and I hated it - could never find out why, because it's objectively a good car; till I realized my heart was still with my old Volvo, and there was no space for the BMW in it. And that is how good things can be despised, because one may carry another ideal in one's mind.

A Man Called Ove? Though if I recall properly, Ove was a Saab fan and his neighbor was the Volvo guy who eventually stepped out with a BMW.

Haha, the old Volvo vs. Saab thing! Mirrored in Australia and New Zealand by a Holden vs. Ford thing, and I think, generally in the world, a circumcised vs. uncircumcised thing. I'd say it's based on conditioning - but I did not have any, really. I'd love to see a behaviourist explain that one. Let alone the Holden vs. Ford thing.
Cufflinks

Postby hardware » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:03 pm

Cufflinks wrote:Haha, the old Volvo vs. Saab thing! Mirrored in Australia and New Zealand by a Holden vs. Ford thing, and I think, generally in the world, a circumcised vs. uncircumcised thing. I'd say it's based on conditioning - but I did not have any, really. I'd love to see a behaviourist explain that one. Let alone the Holden vs. Ford thing.

I'm sure it is (or at least was) a big deal in Sweden! For myself, I think I prefer Volvo to Saab - I just find their cars a bit more interesting (I'd love a restored and mildly hot-rodded P544).
hardware

Postby Cufflinks » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:06 am

hardware wrote:
Cufflinks wrote:Haha, the old Volvo vs. Saab thing! Mirrored in Australia and New Zealand by a Holden vs. Ford thing, and I think, generally in the world, a circumcised vs. uncircumcised thing. I'd say it's based on conditioning - but I did not have any, really. I'd love to see a behaviourist explain that one. Let alone the Holden vs. Ford thing.

I'm sure it is (or at least was) a big deal in Sweden! For myself, I think I prefer Volvo to Saab - I just find their cars a bit more interesting (I'd love a restored and mildly hot-rodded P544).

I'm with you there; Saab sold out its identity twenty-five years ago when they became GM, and they haven't been themselves since. Driving an old Saab (1980s or earlier) is a revelation; later ones are surprisingly less interesting, and most would agree, more fragile. There have been some wobbly Volvos about, as well, but on the whole, they remain a pretty solid choice.

And to bring the topic back on track: From my experience on other forums, I am hereby able to make one announcement based on observation over years - circumfetishists like cars. I have experienced it on more than one occasion that the resident circ fetish guys were petrolheads. Maybe not all of us do, but I have noticed over the years that there is a deep appreciation for beauty there, and it often manifests in liking beautiful cars - so, not monster trucks or crash derbies, but nice, stylish classics.
:D
q.e.d.
Cufflinks