It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:31 am

Attitude Toward One’s Circumcision Status

FollowersFollowers: 0
BookmarksBookmarks: 0
Views: 149

Attitude Toward One’s Circumcision Status

Postby Gemlt » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:36 am

I’m not sure how many of you have had the chance to read the latest publication from Jennifer Bossio, but I thought I’d post the link to the abstract in case you weren’t aware of it. I have to say that although the conclusion is nothing mindblowing, I still found it interesting. I think that within all the research that compares circumcised and uncircumcised men, it’s easy to forget about the importance of the brain as a sexual organ. What this study suggests is that your satisfaction with your body image is far more significant than the minute differences between having a penis with or without a foreskin. I suspect that there are lessons that both cut and intact men could take away from that.

Attitude Toward One’s Circumcision Status Is More Important than Actual Circumcision Status for Men’s Body Image and Sexual Functioning
Gemlt
Site Admin

Re: Attitude Toward One’s Circumcision Status

Postby Cufflinks » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:12 am

Attitude is almost everything. I've always believed this. I once had a BMW 5-series, and I hated it - could never find out why, because it's objectively a good car; till I realized my heart was still with my old Volvo, and there was no space for the BMW in it. And that is how good things can be despised, because one may carry another ideal in one's mind. And that's what intactivist websites seem to do - they implant a negative image where there might not even have been an opinion before. And then guys come away programmed to be on the wrong side of what may well be a neutral issue.
Some people’s opinion one simply cannot change. Mine, for example.
Cufflinks