It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:23 pm

Shameless

FollowersFollowers: 0
BookmarksBookmarks: 0
Views: 1218

Shameless

Postby Frecklover » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:37 pm

So it seems that in the latest season of the US version of "Shameless" a young man, Carl, has himself circumcised because his girlfriend refused to go down on him! I know that'll go down well with American audiences but I wonder what reaction a similar storyline would have received in the U.K. version of the show. I remember a plot line in U.K. Soap Eastenders where a guy got circumcised for his Jewish girlfriend!
Frecklover

Re: Shameless

Postby andreamegina » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:12 pm

yeah i just saw the new episode lol

i have a feeling that the next episode or two will make him regret the procedure, but i'm not quite sure why i think that'll happen

shameless has actually mentioned circumcision more than any other show i can think of...i remember joan cusack's character wanted to circumcise a baby and mentioned it a few times. and then the very sexy black woman was arguing with her husband and saying if their kids were boys they wouldn't circumcise. and there was something about a website with pictures of botched circumcisions...i dunno there've been a bunch more little mentions

this episode was pretty wild because there were several scenes that talked quite a bit about circumcision, and then there was a scene of it happening and the doctor picking up a ragged bloody foreskin with some tweezers
andreamegina

Postby Frecklover » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:49 am

I'm in the UK so haven't seen it but would love to know how it was received and how it will play out with the girl that asked him for it. Any one know who played her in the show?
Frecklover

Postby andreamegina » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:09 pm

Frecklover wrote:I'm in the UK so haven't seen it but would love to know how it was received and how it will play out with the girl that asked him for it. Any one know who played her in the show?

apparently the actress's name is jaylen barron. here is her imdb page: *** The link is only visible for members, go to login. ***

she's very cute

i can't say how it was received among the show's fans but on the tv show at least most of the other characters seemed to think it was a somewhat reasonable thing for him to do. or nobody made a big fuss about it anyway. and the show curiously depicted the healing time as about three days, with carl getting a bj from his gf after three days had gone by. there were times when he got boners and popped some stitches and seemingly went in for circumcision revisions, but overall the healing time seems incredible. i have to imagine a dick would still be pretty darn mangled after 72 hours, but they had a little countdown and then she went down on him

that was the end of the second episode, so we'll see what else might come of it in the future
andreamegina