It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:29 pm

Your theories on the cause of acucullophilia

FollowersFollowers: 0
BookmarksBookmarks: 0
Views: 1401

Your theories on the cause of acucullophilia

Postby Cufflinks » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:36 am

Do you have any thoughts on why we are like this? Why does this topic and its manifestations appeal to us so much? In this space, I would like to invite anyone with their own theory to share it.

I have tried to find "official" explanations, but only found some universal blurb pointing at paraphilia; and I am not convinced that that actually hits the nail on the head, because many paraphilia can be a lot less logical, if you will, than what we pursue here. To give an example, I don't think a shoe fetish compares easily with acucullophilia, since its object is much further removed from sexuality than an obsession for exposed glanses.

I would even go so far as to question whether acucullophilia is a fetish at all; perhaps it is simply a natural reaction, as some would have towards erect nipples or other things that commonly occur during sex?

In any event, that is my take on it, to make a start with this thread. I am of the opinion that it is probably normal to have erotic thoughts triggered by an exposed glans, since it is a visual cue of arousal; and circumcision then seems to be a mechanical way of making that state permanent, which seems quite alluring when you think about it. Who wouldn't want to live in a state of permanent arousal, and advertise it visually? The fact that this happens in our trousers and not in our face makes it compatible with the modesty requirements of modern life, and thus viable. So, actually, all acucullophilia really is is a little bit of joyful naughtiness with a utopian "what if arousal were permanent?" slant.

And now... you.
:)
Some people’s opinion one simply cannot change. Mine, for example.
Cufflinks

Re: Your theories on the cause of acucullophilia

Postby snoman » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:09 pm

It's an interesting question for sure, and I'm hoping a few members join in here to share their thoughts, because I think we have quite a variety of different backgrounds amongst the people here.

For myself, I can only say i first became aware of circumcision when i was very young. Probably around age 3 when I saw some playmates who decided they needed to pee in my backyard. They were two brothers and both had these really interesting (to me at the time at least) looking penises - totally unlike mine. And they could pee in straight lines, whereas I was spraying everywhere. I was a bit jealous.

I think this was the first time I'd ever consciously taken note of someone else's penis. I remember also at that time being very fascinated with girls' genitalia. I knew they were different but I wasn't quite sure how and I was very keen to find out.

Shortly after this, I started at kindergarten, where I quickly discovered I was completely alone as the sole owner of a foreskin. There was an Indian boy who came for perhaps 3 or so days once, and Halleluja! - he was also uncircumcised. But he looked different to everyone else so it didn't seem all that weird for him to be different 'down there' and anyway - he vanished again, leaving me to once again be the only anteater in a playground full of helmets. That made an impact on me for sure and I think it was around this age I actively began checking people out - changing rooms at the swimming pool or beach, toilets, friend's places or neighbours where their little brother was in the bath....and I never found another foreskin.

At this point I kind of realised I must be the only person alone on the planet in the state I was in, so my curiosity/desperation intensified.

I started junior/primary school and in that part of Sydney there was a sizeable Greek population. The Greek guys were all very modest - you'd never see them in the toilets trying to see who could pee the highest or things of that nature (maybe they were just the most well mannered!). I think I would have found some uncircumcised guys amongst them, but I never got a chance to see for myself.

I had a friend at around age 6 or 7 who I'd play show and tell with, and his perfect penis only made me feel more insecure, and then I started to notice girls and the thought that they'd only be familiar with the circumcised type of dick really drove that nail home.

There's a lot more I could write about my experiences (lots more), but for now, I think this, at least for me, is how it began.

I know a lot of his theories are outdated now, but Freud put his Phallic stage of psychosexual/psychosocial development at age three/three and a half, exactly when I first became aware of the difference. This is where children first become aware of genital differences, which supposedly leads to feelings of jealousy, erotic attraction, fear, rivalry and a host of other behaviours. I'm pretty sure he was talking about male-female differences here but I often wonder if I'd have developed such a strong kink had I been older and in another developmental stage the first time I realised other people had different penises. Like i said, I think Freud is largely outdated now, but this particular theory seems to make a bit of sense , at least in my case.
snoman

Postby Frecklover » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:43 am

It's weird I know, but as a kid I was fascinated by collars, cuffs, wrist bands, knee length white sport socks, bare legs in Wellington boots and cowboy boots (still love those, together with bare midriffs)...... I'm fairly sure there is a link with my fascination with acucullophilia......
Frecklover

Postby Cufflinks » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:31 pm

Frecklover wrote:It's weird I know, but as a kid I was fascinated by collars, cuffs, wrist bands, knee length white sport socks, bare legs in Wellington boots and cowboy boots (still love those, together with bare midriffs)...... I'm fairly sure there is a link with my fascination with acucullophilia......

Wow! Bingo, there is one interesting connection; I was also into that. Also cut-off jeans when they first came out, with rolled-up look. Drove me crazy, and it seemed related to me with the look of circumcised penises. There was a direct connection for me between cutting off a trouser leg and rolling it up and cutting off a foreskin and "rolling it up" to hide the cut line, as used to be commonly done in low and loose European circumcisions in the 70s. "Fashion statement circumcision" still rings some sort of bell for me.
Cufflinks

Postby Frecklover » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:16 pm

Yep, with you there..... love long legged girls in denim cut-offs!
Frecklover

Postby Cufflinks » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:09 am

Now this is an interesting line of enquiry. In a way, we both seem to be into "clean transitions from hardy to tender" if you will? This is how I would abstracize it. The sudden and well-defined line where the resilient gives way to softer things, and more specifically, as a result of a conscious, invasive act. A bit like skinning fruit on a plate and skilfully making it visually palatable.

Is this simply about tantalization then, perhaps? The art of creating a tease? Or even a provocation. I do have to admit, that is one defining characteristic of mine, in many ways. I have always delighted in secretly teasing people while otherwise maintaining a totally innocent demeanour. It gives me a thrill, and I do it with many things. Like, my ex-mother in law, haha; I knew exactly how to take her out of her comfort zone by saying things that were just that tiny tad too far out for her own peace of mind.

And here's another one: Comfort zone. Now there is one word I can link to circumcision very well. Someone who gets this done clearly has no fear of leaving his comfort zone, and again, I consider myself a prime example of that. I have pretty much tried and done everything I have been scared of in my life except for cuddling bird spiders and free climbing. Is that something we acucullophiliacs perhaps also have in common?
Cufflinks

Postby Frecklover » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:19 am

Your first paragraph explains it so lucidly, Cufflinks!
Frecklover

Postby Cufflinks » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:23 am

Frecklover wrote:Your first paragraph explains it so lucidly, Cufflinks!

Thank you.
So it is an artistic, aesthetic thing then. Something sensual, perhaps, too. And with that, I would be inclined to rest my case your honor, ha. Because that is not irrational, and therefore not a classic fetish. That is intuitive, and likely a shared sentiment by many others, just like a beautiful car will turn many heads, not only those who have read the magazine and know "it's the new CX5000" or something. So, by that rationale, I'd say acucullophilia is not a fetish, but perhaps just a heightened awareness of a natural response perhaps everybody has.

I really do wonder how many people secretly share our inclination... I'd wager a good 60 to 80% will have a reaction.
Cufflinks

Postby uncut28 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:27 pm

I posted my story on the other topic "When did you first find out about circumcision?", but I also have some thoughts about why I like it too. For me it's about change and permanence, particularly the (often) forced aspect if you're circumcised as a rite of passage or something. I like that you're making an artificial change to your body, and that the change then leads to other changes you just can't control. Like once you have no foreskin your glans hardens up, you have to change how you masturbate, how you have sex etc. There's no option to go back. Some of the ideas about circumcision that excite me the most are associated with that change: keratinsation of the glans, change of sensation over time as its exposed, and especially the idea the glans might flare out and change colour. And it's all irreversible.

I make the link to change and permanence in general because I know other body mod things also excite me. I'm really into women with tattoos and piercings, for example. Also I have a bit of a pregnancy fetish too, and like how women's bodies change with pregnancy. Also, other niche interests are cum inflation, alien pregnancy etc. all the kinds of situations which lead to bodily change that the person undergoing it can't control.

Of course there are other elements too: the aesthetics. But I think it's mainly the permanence thing for me. Probably also gets that association from my early thoughts that your foreskin coming off was part of the change towards manhood, and the idea that an exposed head was mature looking.
uncut28

Postby Cufflinks » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:58 am

uncut28 wrote:I posted my story on the other topic "When did you first find out about circumcision?", but I also have some thoughts about why I like it too. For me it's about change and permanence, particularly the (often) forced aspect if you're circumcised as a rite of passage or something. I like that you're making an artificial change to your body, and that the change then leads to other changes you just can't control. Like once you have no foreskin your glans hardens up, you have to change how you masturbate, how you have sex etc. There's no option to go back. Some of the ideas about circumcision that excite me the most are associated with that change: keratinsation of the glans, change of sensation over time as its exposed, and especially the idea the glans might flare out and change colour. And it's all irreversible.

I make the link to change and permanence in general because I know other body mod things also excite me. I'm really into women with tattoos and piercings, for example. Also I have a bit of a pregnancy fetish too, and like how women's bodies change with pregnancy. Also, other niche interests are cum inflation, alien pregnancy etc. all the kinds of situations which lead to bodily change that the person undergoing it can't control.

Of course there are other elements too: the aesthetics. But I think it's mainly the permanence thing for me. Probably also gets that association from my early thoughts that your foreskin coming off was part of the change towards manhood, and the idea that an exposed head was mature looking.

Fascinating, uncut28, thank you for your thoughtful and reflective descriptions. This actually sounds almost like you are really fascinated by metamorphosis? Or "growing up", which is also a change into a permanent state, of course.

I'd almost say this is a fascination with making life happen to the fullest, and accepting that that requires change. That somehow reminds me of the ancient Egyptian notion of the snake shedding its skin.
Cufflinks

Next