It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:02 am

Ingredients of a good acucullophiliac short story?

FollowersFollowers: 0
BookmarksBookmarks: 0
Views: 1042

Re: Ingredients of a good acucullophiliac short story?

Postby Gemlt » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:10 pm

I’m glad you like the idea. I’ll definitely consider trying something like this out in the future as well, but my own fiction would be a lot less eloquent than your own. I look forward to seeing how this turns out if you end up trying it out!
Gemlt
Site Admin

Re: Ingredients of a good acucullophiliac short story?

Postby Cufflinks » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:55 pm

I have been contemplating different avenues over the weekend, and I think there are ways to do this that don't require hyperlinking or anything. There could simply be a short selection after eligible chapters, and then, in good old New Zealand tax declaration form manner, the words "if you chose B, please continue reading by proceeding directly to section B."

The thing is of course, nobody would leave it at that, would they? Everyone would want to see the other scenarios.

And the main thing I currently struggle to find justification for is, why would we do that in an acucullophiliac story? In a movie, the purpose is clear - lots of complexity, larger implications for a lot of things... but in our context, things all lead to a very simple happy end, don't they?
:D
So, any variations would actually be of a very shallow nature. Unless someone has an idea to play out the scenarios in a more pronounced way?

My next story is taking shape though, and it will be longer and more complex than my previous ones. I have taken into account everything I have so far received as feedback, and am developing the story at this very moment. It'll be a little while, but I'll be working away on it, having fun as I go.
Some people’s opinion one simply cannot change. Mine, for example.
Cufflinks

Previous