It is currently Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:01 pm

When did you first find out about circumcision?

FollowersFollowers: 1
BookmarksBookmarks: 0
Views: 5307

Re: When did you first find out about circumcision?

Postby P51Geo1980 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:54 pm

My parents are French.
P51Geo1980

Postby P51Geo1980 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:55 pm

bellend wrote:Are your parents French or American?

My parents are French.
P51Geo1980

Postby P51Geo1980 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:56 pm

snoman wrote:And was that explanation enough to satisfy your curiosity? I recall getting a similar 'simple' response the first time I asked about the differences between my friends and myself and it only spurred me to ask more and more questions!

At that age the explanation was enough, yes.
P51Geo1980

Postby JamesS » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:46 pm

I was six years old when my brother was born, and although I had seen a few uncut people at that point, all my friends were cut so I didn’t really know any different. I guess I just assumed that boys were born with exposed glans, and some just had a defect.

Anyway, my mum wanted to have a home birth, so she gave birth in our living room. A few weeks after my brother was born, my mum had a doctor or midwife or something come over and circumcise him, also right in our living room. That’s how I found out what circumcision was, haha.
JamesS

Circumcision Status: Cut high & tight
Age of circumcision: Birth

Postby north_cock » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:10 am

Wow - seeing your brother's circ must be quite a story, James. How was it explained to you? Anything else you remember?

I was never told about circumcision. I knew from books that it had to do with cutting the penis and was common for boys but I had no idea what was cut, or even if I was cut. For a while I thought it meant only cutting off the bit of skin at the end - the foreskin overhang. My skin did not retract until I was 11 or 12 so I couldn't conceptualize what else could even be cut off.

For a few years after I kinda understood what circumcision meant I thought my father was also uncut, as I'd seen him briefly naked and remembered that his penis was all the same colour, just like mine with my foreskin forward. Somehow the colour made more of an impact than his exposed head, and I didn't understand that his head wouldn't be purple like mine after being bare for 40 years. It also made sense to me that I was uncut because he was, but of course that was not the case - I've seen him since and he clearly has a loose circumcision with a dark ring scar. mid-50s Gomco I presume.

I only really understood what circumcision meant when I started using the internet in the mid-'90s and was able to indulge any curiosity that came to mind. Somehow circumcision was already at the top of the list for me. Learning about circ and learning to masturbate and learning to use the web at the same time clearly made an impact..
north_cock

Circumcision Status: Intact and proud of it
Age of circumcision: Never: I'm uncut and plan to stay that way

Postby JamesS » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:05 pm

north_cock wrote:Wow - seeing your brother's circ must be quite a story, James. How was it explained to you? Anything else you remember

It was a bit of a shock I think, up until that point I hadn’t realized that anything like that had been done to me. I don’t remember exactly what was said, but I do remember my mum giving me some version of the classic “extra skin causes problems” explanation. Mostly I remember thinking it looked odd before, and wondering why nobody had told me about it before.
JamesS

Circumcision Status: Cut high & tight
Age of circumcision: Birth

Previous